23 May 2009

Yachats, OR

It was a long day. Wolfman dragged me out of bed at 5.45am. We were crossing the Bay Bridge just after 6am. Ten hours later and 600+ miles, Randy was cruising the Oregon coast. The road sliced through the edge of think boreal forests and snaked alongside massive sand dunes.

I'd heard loads about how beautiful California is, but no one had told me about the Oregon coast. Out running along the beach in Yachats the next morning revealed a little gem. The white sand stretched for miles towards the horizon, cool air blew in from the ocean bringing whiffs of the salty sea. People walked their dogs. Kids played in between the rocks.

Of course, the weather was gorgeous which helped. But as the sun warmed my back, I could happily forget what it would be like in deepest, darkest February.

No comments: