07 May 2009

Great Western Road Trip begins

At last. A painful few weeks of tedious exams, paper-madness, and packing shenanigans give way to freedom rediscovered. I'm on a month long road trip through the western US. I'll cover about 3000 miles in a gold Chevy Cobalt (name to be decided - suggestions welcome!) with 4 different amigos (all joining at different stages). I'm hoping to discover the West: the desert national parks of Utah, the chintz and razzmatazz of LA, the rolling Pacific Coast, the wineries of Napa, coffee in Seattle, and finally great Yellowstone itself. The route as it unfolds is here.

Some have called it my legacy tour. I'm not so sure it's that grand. More of a chance to see the US outside of the HBS bubble and get in touch with a bit of Americana before I head back to the other side of the pond.

1 comment:

dex said...

Any pics of the colbolt? I hope you're attaching some bull horns tot he front at some stage. anyways looking fwd tot he point where it all goes all fear and loathing at some point.
cheers
phil b